Saturday, May 3, 2008

Pros Of Having A Smart Car (So Far)

1. Obviously, the gas mileage. Pulling like 40mpg at the moment.

2. The attention. For an attention whore like me, it's perfect.

3. Meeting interesting people. All kinds of people keep coming up to me and asking me about the car or taking pictures, from old women to schoolbuses full of kids. Many grassroots "save the environment" people seem to be coming out the woodwork and finding me as well, generally excited by the car and the "good" I'm doing. Thumbs up for me!*

4. Making people smile. Almost everyone who sees the car does a double take and just smiles, which is a nice thing to inspire in people I guess. Lots of waving and respectful head nodding involved as well.

5. Pissing off Bug owners. I hate the Bug, so this works out well for me.

6. Phone numbers from cute girls. I've gotten 3 so far, one yesterday at a stop sign. I probably should have made this #1...

I'm sure there will be many more soon to come.

*Note: I think these people are idiots.

No comments: