Sunday, May 18, 2008

There is No Good Sushi in Irvine

Now, this may come off as a little racist (big surprise) but you would think that with the high amount of Japanese people in Irvine, there would be at least one amazing sushi restaurant, somewhere with food that's simple yet flavorful and fresh, but no. Hell, most places in Boston do it better, and those are all owned by Koreans. Like everything else in my life, this simple pleasure is denied me, forcing me into my corner of broken dreams a.k.a. the crappy sushi next door. I just don't understand why lesser cities around here have some of the best sushi in California (even that really dirty city... you know the one) and all Irvine gets is franchised crap. It's kinda the people's fault though, cause they're idiots. On the recommendation of a friend, I went to a new popular place a few weeks ago (Yen Sushi) and got a shrimp tempura roll and some toro. I haven't spoken to that person in 3 weeks. The shrimp was frozen tempura. fried about 3 hours before I ate it. And this is supposed to be the best we have? Lately I've been eating quite a bit at Fukada, an noodle house with the best soba in Orange County. What annoys me is they also have the best spicy tuna roll I have ever tasted, but they aren't even a sushi place. What the fuck? Get your fucking act together Irvine, and stop being such a little bitch.

1 comment:

chemskank said...

that is really sad. you need to move to new york