Saturday, December 13, 2008

My Problem with Indian People (Part 7 of a 500-part series)

I tried to write the title of this series without using the word hate (which came off awkwardly) but in cases like this I really need to use it because I hate it when they think they own the fucking place. I can deal with the lack of a tip and the tiny orders but I cannot stand the lack of respect and haughtiness Indian people so prominently display. It's this reason that allows them to be comfortable with being complete assholes, letting their kids run wild or complaining more than a table of old Jewish women. You can tell that they're going to have a huge chip on their shoulder when they strut into the place with a grim look on their face and stand in the middle of the dining room waiting to be seated, ignoring the clearly-fucking-delineated waiting area, because they own the place. They will take their sweet fucking time, ordering one dish every 15 minutes until 11pm, because they own the place. They will make ridiculous requests, like saag paneer without paneer but with eggplant and the paneer on the side, because they own the place. They will expect a complimentary dessert because they're Indian, and they own the place. They won't tip because they are under the impression that THEY OWN MY RESTAURANT.

At this point I just need to find the source that instills this sense of entitlement into these people and destroy it, just like how killing the head vampire kills/saves the underlings. In this case, I hope it kills.

No comments: