Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Wednesdays With Oliver

Oliver: So like, were you born brown?

Me: (glare)

Oliver: Like when you were a baby?

Me: Seriously? Are you really asking me this? Do you think I was born white and got browner over time?

Oliver: No, I mean like, were you whiter than you are now, and like you got browner after being in the sun more growing up?

Me: Do you think black people get blacker over time?

Oliver: Yeah dude. They like come out brown and get black, and I thought like brown people are less brown and get really brown.

Me: Did you grow up with any black friends?

Oliver: Yeah, a lot man.

Me: Did they get darker over the years?

Oliver: I don't know, they just beat me up a lot.

Me: I wonder why...

Oliver: Cause I was fat bro and couldn't run away fast.

Me: That's a good reason too.

No comments: