Thursday, April 3, 2008

My Plan To Be Broke By The Middle Of June

This summer is going to be amazing. Not in terms of the "real" (Note: Orange County) world I inhabit and the events that tend to transpire in my life, but the amount of seemingly mind-blowingly entertaining movies coming out. Unlike last summer, with sequel after fucking sequel being churned out, some with high hopes (I trusted you Spiderman, I trusted you...), this time around we're being treated to plenty of original films with actual plots and great casts (4 Apatow films!). Here's a roundup of everything I plan to see this summer, and which ones I plan to actually pay to see.

P= Pay, D= Download*

Forgetting Sarah Marshall (P) - Yes, I know this comes out in like 3 weeks, but as far as I'm concerned the summer movie season starts then
The Forbidden Kingdom (D)
Where in the World is Osama Bin Laden? (P)
Baby Mama (D) - Love Tina Fey, but reviews aren't so hot for this
Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay (P)
Iron Man (P) - Can't wait
Redbelt (D)
Speed Racer (P)
Noise (D)
Mister Lonely (D)
The Tracey Fragments (D)
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (P) - Of course I'm paying, it's fucking Indy!
Sex and the City: The Movie (D) - Have to finish watching the series first
The Strangers (P)
The Foot Fist Way (P)
Stuck (P)
Kung Fu Panda (P)
You Don't Mess With The Zohan (D) - I refuse to acknowledge this as an Apatow film
Mongol (D)
The Promotion (P)
The Happening (P)
The Incredible Hulk (P)
Get Smart (P)
The Love Guru (D) - Really Mike Myers, really?
Brick Lane (D)
Religulous (D)
Wall-E (P) - Best movie of the summer, calling it right now
Wanted (P)
Hancock (D) - Sounds like butchered a great script
Hellboy II: The Golden Army (P)
Meet Dave (D)
The Dark Knight (P) - Probably my and the world's most anticipated film of the year
Mamma Mia! (P) - Yes, I love ABBA, get over it
The Longshots (D) - Fred Durst directing. Fred. Durst.
Step Brothers (P) - Will Ferrell's cooling on me, but I love me some John C. Reilly
The X-Files 2 (P) - !!!!!!!
American Teen (D)
Baghead (D)
Henry Poole Is Here (D)
Boy A (D)
He's Just Not That Into You (D)
The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (P)
The Rocker (P)
Choke (P)
Swing Vote (D)
Pineapple Express (P) - God this summer rocks
Hell Ride (D)
The International (P) - I'll pay for anything with Clive Owen. ANYTHING.
Mirrors (D)
Star Wars: The Clone Wars (P)
Tropic Thunder (P) - Robert Downey Jr. Blackface. Tom Cruise in a fatsuit. I'm there.
Towelhead (D)
The Accidental Husband (D)
Bangkok Dangerous (D) - I know Nick Cage will fuck this up somehow
The House Bunny (D)
Crossing Over (D)
Hamlet 2 (P)
Babylon A.D. (D)
Vicky Cristina Barcelona (P)
Traitor (D)
Passengers (D)
Punisher: War Zone (P)
The Duchess (P)
Righteous Kill (P)

*Status subject to change depending on funds and critical response

No comments: